Fashion can be ruthless! We’re seeing several new looks, but not everyone should make them THEIR looks. This might help you make the decisions:
1. Shoes with bows. If you have a small to average foot, this can work for you. Gives a classic black dress a kick with a bow on a pump and dresses up jeans on a flat.
2. Chunky knits. Only for the freezing cold gal — not in menopause. This look might also overpower a petite women. Better to dress in layers to keep warm versus a heavy sweater. It can be very cute over leggings with tall boots. This is a trendy look, but if you already have enough “chunk” in your shape, pass.
3. Animal prints. If you have warm tones to your skin buy the animal print with camels and browns. If you cool tones buy the grey and black. Add an animal flat to a pair of jeans. Add a bag to give any basic outfit a kick. Buy a scarf, if you just want a little flair. But no more than ONE animal per outfit, please!
4. Shearling Jackets. Besides a down coat, this is the warmest coat you can buy, And it is much more hip, flattering and worth every penny.
5. Jewel tone velvets. Perfect classic for the holidays or a fancy occasion.
6. Camel Coats. Tired of your black coat? This is a perfect color for women with warm coloring. For a red haired gal this is a must. All coats need a scarf to keep the collar clean and to stay warm, so invest in some you love.
7. Straight leg pants. Not to be confused with skinny pants! If you have a pair shape, straight legs can be a tough look to pull off. If you have great legs this is the pant for you. Pears, stick with an always-flattering trouser or bootcut.
It’s my belief that all women can look their best. It’s my passion to help you achieve your best this Fall. With a little guidance, a beautiful Fall can be easy!
I’d love to hear what you’re thinking about wearing for Fall? And, if you want help creating your list or shopping, give me a call at 708-829-8245.
By the way, I’ve just moved over to Nordstrom-Oakbrook. Come visit and I’ll shop the 3rd floor with you!